Big Rock Campground
A Full Service, Family Campground
Enjoy the great North Country
The pristine mountains of New Hampshire are an outdoor enthusiasts paradise! Spend the day riding some of the finest ATV trails, including the NCATV Club trails, featuring 125 miles of private trails; and the NH state "Ride the Wilds", with 1000+ miles of trails, both accessible directly from Big Rock Campground. You can also enjoy time fishing, canoeing, or kayaking the Connecticut River, hiking mountain trails, driving or motorcycling scenic roads, discovering quaint towns, covered bridges, and abundant wildlife. Come discover the unspoiled beauty of The Great North Woods!
Owners, Gary and Kim Kirk invite you to stay at Big Rock, where you will discover camping at it's best! Nestled on 89 acres, Big Rock Campground offers families a friendly, relaxing, peaceful atmosphere. Refresh after a full day of riding in our sparkling pool, enjoy a game of horseshoes, visit with old friends and make new friends at the pavilion, or just relax around the campfire. Come see what Big Rock Campground and The Great North Woods has to offer!
Call us today for information on rates or to make your reservation. You can also contact us online by clicking here.
Find us on Facebook!
Keep up to date with seasonal events and other campground activities.
Amenities and nearby Attractions
We have something for everyone! Listed below are just a few of the things that make Big Rock Campground a fun place to stay.
- Campsites with picnic tables and fire rings. Limited sites available for RV's over 40'
- Swimming Pool
- Direct ATV trail access to over 1000+ miles of trails
- Store offering camping supplies, ice, and firewood
- Family style bathhouses
- Rustic Cabins
- WiFi access
- Pavilion with gas grill
- Seasonal campsites
- Family and Pet friendly atmosphere!
- 89 acres for hiking and enjoying nature
- Nearby Attractions
- Canoeing/Kayaking the Connecticut River
- Riverside Speedway
- Santa's Village
To ensure a good camping experience and the safety of all guests please adhere to the following:
- Speed limit in the campground is 5 mph and strictly enforced! Only one warning will be given without consequence. Please watch out for children and pets!
- Quiet time is from 10 pm to 8 am. No excessive noise during these hours. All radios and outdoor TV's must be turned off. Refrain from loud activities including loud conversations. Noise at anytime must not be bothersome to your neighboring campers. If you have to be asked to be quiet after 10 pm more than once you will be asked to leave without a refund. No generator use after 10 pm without office permission.
- All ATV's must be back in camp and at your site with engines off by dark.
- ATV's must be kept on site and only used for trail riding or going to the store for purchases. Please do not ride ATV's to the pool. Please park behind the store or on the south side of the store NOT between the store and the pool! No riding out of camp before 8 am or after dark! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Drunk or disorderly conduct may be grounds for immediate expulsion from the campground without a refund. Law enforcement will be called as necessary.
- The trash dumpster is located across from site 30. The dumpster is to be used for daily household trash only! Do not throw lawn chairs, tents, tires, or other large items in the dumpster. Please take them home with you for disposal.
- We recycle the following: #1 and #2 plastic bottles ONLY. Remove the caps before putting bottles in the recycle bins. Caps go in the trash not recycles! We also recycle aluminum cans. Recycles bins are located behind the store. Please do not put plastic bags or trash in the recycle bins!
- Do not litter in the campground. Do not throw cigarette butts on the ground! Do not litter on the ATV trails. 90% of the ATV trails are on private property. Please respect the landowners who grant you permission to ride on their property! Leave the campground and trails as clean as you find them.
- For safety reasons do not leave food or trash outside of your tent or camper. Leaving trash or food outside can attract wild animals including bears!
- Swimming is at your own risk. There is no life guard on duty. Children 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult 21 or older while in the pool area. Swim diapers are required for children who are not toilet trained. Food is not allowed in the pool area. Drinks in plastic or aluminum cans are allowed. Pool hours are 9 am until dark. Only registered Big Rock Campers and their paying guests may use the pool. No smoking in or near the pool area.
- Pets: All campers must provide current rabies certificate at time of check in. Pets MUST be kept on a leash or tie out not longer than 6 feet at all times. Pets are never to be left unattended when outside. All pet waste is to be picked up immediately and disposed of in the trash. Pet waste is not to be flushed in toilets or buried. Owners are responsible for any personal injury or property damages caused by their pets. Any pet deemed a nuisance will not be allowed to remain in the campground. No refunds will be given.
- Bathrooms are to be used for their intended purpose only. Do not flush anything besides toilet paper in the toilets; this includes baby and adult wet wipes! Sanitary pads and tampons should be wrapped and disposed of in the trash can. Please do not enter showers with muddy clothes on. Do not use sinks or showers to wash excess mud off of clothing.
- There is a sink in the laundry room area that is provided for tenting guests to use for dish washing. Please do not dump grease down the drain. Rinse heavy mud off of clothing before using the washing machine. Dryer is for clean, washed clothing only.
- NH state law prohibits the use of reverse flush valves at camp site sewer connections. If you need to use this type of flush valve you may do so at the dump station near the store. Examples of a reverse flush valve is Hydro-flush, Flush King, and RV Dual Flush. Using these types of valves at sites can result in back flow of contaminated water into the campground fresh water system.
- Firewood cannot be brought to the campground from out of state per NH state law. Firewood must be purchased at the campground unless you have purchased packaged kiln dried firewood and have a receipt to show at check in. No pallets or pressure treated wood is to be used in the fire rings. Do not cut trees or limbs for firewood.
- Campfires must never be left unattended. Campfires should be kept at a height of about 2 feet or less. Do not burn trash in the fire pits. Store firewood at least 3 feet away from the fire. Do not use gasoline or lighter fluid on fires. Do not move the fire rings. Fires must be extinguished by midnight.
- Please turn off your vehicle engine while parked outside of the office
- Firearms are not allowed in the campground. This includes BB guns, pellet, guns, or paintball guns.
- No fireworks of any kind are allowed to be used in the campground. This includes sparklers. If you are found lighting off fireworks you will be asked to leave the campground immediately without a refund.
- Check out time is 11 am unless you have arranged a late check out with the office.
- Internet streaming is prohibited as this slows the system speed for everyone.
- Children 12 and younger are not allowed to ride their ATV's in the campground without being escorted by an adult and must have their helmet on ANYTIME they are on an ATV! Children are not to do laps around the campground or in the overflow parking area!
- The playground closes at dark. Please make sure your children are back at your site by dark. After dark children 12 and younger must be escorted by an adult when they are off of your site.
- For insurance purposes ALL guest and visitors MUST register in the campground office prior to proceeding to any site. Guests and visitors need to have a vehicle pass to enter the campground and are subject to daily use or overnight fees. Guests visiting for the day are NOT allowed to bring their ATV's to the campground or use the campground access trail. There is a free parking area 5 miles north of the campground (Burn's Field) where you can meet your guests to ride for the day. Visitors who ride their ATV's to Big Rock from other campgrounds or lodges still must register in the office.
- Store/Office hours are 9 am to 5 pm Tuesday through Saturday. Sunday hours are 9 am to 2 pm. Please plan ahead to make any purchases during these hours. Firewood may be purchased at the store during business hours. After hours you can purchase firewood either by coming to the campground house on the south side of the store or finding us out in the campground. We will sell firewood until 8 pm. Exact cash for firewood after business hours.
- Emergencies: If you have a medical or fire emergency after the store/office is closed and cannot call out on your cell phone there is a landline emergency phone located on the front porch of the store/office. During business hours please come in the store/office to make emergency calls.
Cabin and Campsite Rates
Our cabins are one room log cabins with electricity, lights, beds, table and chairs, gas heater, ceiling fan, front porch, picnic table and fire ring. Bring your own bedding and towels.
We are a pet friendly campground, however, pets are not permitted in our cabins.
Smoking is not allowed in the cabins
No unregistered over night guests allowed in cabins
Log Cabins #5 & #32: $89 per night, plus 9% NH Rentals Tax
Rates are for 2 Adults / 2 Children (17 years or under) or 3 adults (maximum). Additional $10.00 per night for the 3rd adult.
Queen Bed and one set of Twin Bunk Beds
Log Cabin #38: $125 per night, plus 9% NH Rentals Tax
Rates are for 2 Adults / up-to 4 Children (17 years or younger) or 5 adults (maximum). Additional $10.00 per night for the 3rd, 4th, or 5th adult..
2 Queen Beds and one set of Twin Bunk Beds
Minimum 2 night stay on weekends. Holiday and event weekends are a 3 night minimum.
There is a $10.00 up-charge for one night cabin stays
Each additional adult in cabin is $10.00 per night, $5 per child. Max 3 adults in cabins 5 & 32, Max 5 adults in cabin 38
A $100.00 security deposit is required on cabin rentals at the time of check in payable by cash or credit card. Deposit will be refunded once cabin has been inspected for loss of contents or damage to cabin
Book your stay in our 32' Salem bunkhouse RV rental! This unit has a queen size bed, a bunk room with 4 twin bunks, a full bath, and a kitchen with microwave, sink, and stove. There is a couch and dinette table as well. You will need to provide your own bedding including sheets, blankets, and pillows as well as your own kitchen and bath towels. There is a coffee maker provided for your use. A $100.00 security deposit is required at the time of check-in. This can be paid with cash or a credit card. If you use credit there will be a 3% processing fee on the charge and refund of the deposit. Cash will be held and returned at time of check out once RV rental inspection has been completed.
Rv Rates: $130.00 based on 2 adults and 2 children 17 years or younger or 4 adults maximum. Additional $10.00 per night for 3rd and 4th adult.
We offer a variety of campsites for both tenting and RV'ing. All campsites have a picnic table and fire ring. You can choose from wooded, open, near pool or a pond site.
- $32 per night TENT sites (rustic, no hookups)
- $36 per night TENT water & electric sites
- $41 per night water & electric RV sites
- $44 per night water, electric, & sewer RV sites
- Rates are based on 2 Adults and 2 Children 17 or under. $9 each add'l adult, $5 each add'l child over 6yrs.
- Monthly Full Hook up site - $850.00 plus metered electric
- Monthly Water/Electric Site - $675.00 plus metered electric
- Seasonal Site with Full Hook ups - please call for price information and availability.
- Reservations canceled at least 7 days prior to the arrival date will be refunded deposit less a $15.00 cancellation fee for tent sites, $20.00 for RV sites, RV Rentals, and Cabins.
- Reservations canceled less than 7 days prior to arrival date will result in forfeiture of deposit.
- No refunds for early departures or late arrivals.
Cabin cancellations require a 14 day cancellation notice for refund of deposit less cancellation fee. Less than 14 day notice will
result in forfeiture of the one night deposit.
Holiday and event weekends - a one night non-refundable deposit is required on all holiday and event weekend reservations.
Reservations for 1 week or longer require a 20% deposit at time of reservation.
- Maximum 4 adults per campsite or 2 adults and up to 4 children 17 years or younger.
- One night deposit is required on all reservations.; Reservations are not guaranteed until deposit has been received.
- 3 night minimum stay on Holiday weekends or during special events. Holiday and Special Event weekends must be paid in full at the time of reservation. No partial refunds at the time of check in.
- Pets are subject to a $2 per night up-charge; maximum of 3 pets per site.
- $15.00 fee for early check in before 12:30 pm, or $25.00 late check out fee up to 5 p.m. Early/late check in/out based on availability and must be approved by the office in advance.
- Rates may be higher on holiday or event weekends
- ATV width must be 65" or less
- All ATV's must have stock exhaust systems - no modified pipes allowed no exceptions!
- No dirt bikes or 2 strokes allowed
- ATV's are checked at time of arrival
- Vehicles - maximum 1-2 allowed at site depending on site size.
- ATV trailers - can be kept at site as long as they fit within the site. If not then they must go to the overflow parking area. ATV's can be kept on site.
Please call for more information, or to make a reservation.
Burn it where you Buy It!
Transporting firewood threatens our forests by potentially giving a free ride to insects and diseases. Help protect New Hampshire's wild and scenic beauty by leaving your firewood at home when you travel. Visit www.nhbugs.org/firewood-campers to find locally sourced firewood and for more information.
Firewood is sold at Big Rock Campground store for our campers' convenience
Check in time 1:00 pm and Check out time 11:00 am
Coin operated washer and dryer on premises
Big Rock Campground.
830 US Route 3 No. Stratford, NH 03590 P: 603-922-3600
This is *not* the website for the state park "Big Rock Campground" in Lincoln, NH
We are located on US Route 3 between Groveton, NH and North Stratford, NH.
From the south we are just past Mile Marker 183.2
From the north we are just past Mile Marker 183.4